The NYSC Empower The Corps (ETC) : How to apply for the NYSC ETC Loan – The Empower The Corps (ETC) is a product of the Credit Direct Limited and it was created in 2011 to provide corpers serving in the country with funds to establish their businesses.
READ ALSO: AGSMEIS Loan Registration 2021
In the bid for the government of the country to key into the trend of entrepreneurship and also encourage youths to become entrepreneurs, it has created this programme to help Youth Corp members who have business idea and the intention to start up a business whether during service or after service to get capital to start up their businesses.
With this programme, Youth Corp members can assess loan as quick as possible provided you are intentional about what you want to do. You can get a loan ranging from about N50, 000 to N100, 000 to add to your start-up capital as a Youth Corp member serving your fatherland.
So whether you are about to serve or already serving, this programme is for you especially if you have a business idea or skill that will help you excel as a self-employed person.
Without further ado, let’s take you through what we have for you in this article…
Table of Contents
- The ETC Packages
- Requirements for the ETC loan
- How to get the ETC loan
- Final note
The ETC Packages
The ETC packages are in four categories, meaning you can assess any of these packages depending on the one you are eligible for. These packages are:
- The BIZ Starter Package
This package is tailored to provide Youth Corp Members that are registered under the Skill Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development (SAED) with seed capital to help them start up their businesses to help them become self-employed generate income and also create employment opportunities for others around them.
- The Professional Certification Package
This package is another initiative of the Credit Direct Limited just like the first package we mentioned but it is it is for Youth Corp Members that want to get professional training and certification while serving.
The CDL is in conjunction with credible professional centres to offer these Youth Corp Members with discounted and affordable training. As a Corp Member, you can have the opportunity to work in the training institute after completing your service year.
- The Asset Package
This package is for those Youth Corp Members who want to purchase some products just like income generating equipment, household goods, electronics etc. with this package, Corp Members can get these products at affordable prices and also get the products delivered to their doorstep.
- Cash Package
This is another package that you can fall too as it will provide you with funds to meet your financial needs and solve all your financial obligations; it is more of a last resort if the above packages do not meet your needs.
You should know that you can only apply for any of these packages on the Empower The Corps Loan Registration Portal.
The Requirements for the ETC loan
For every loan you want to take, you will certainly meet some requirements that will make you eligible for the loan and the ETC loan is not an exception. We are going to highlight the requirements for the loan.
- You must be a serving Corp Member
- You must have a clear passport photograph (face and shoulders only)
- You must have a clear photograph in your full NYSC regalia
- You must have registered on the ETC platform
- You must have registered for the SAED at the state of deployment and get an attestation form if you want to apply for loan under the BIZ starter package.
- You must a valid NYSC ID card
- You must have you PPA Posting letter
- You must have a valid ATM card
- You must have a clearly written, signed and dated letter of undertaking.
How To Get The NYSC ETC Loan
Now that you have known the requirements and have assessed yourself and seen that you are eligible to get the loan, how do you get the loan? Let’s take you through the process.
- visit the ETC website and register on www.portal.empowerthe corps.ng/
- Join the ETC Social Networking Platform by creating your profile
- Log on to ETC portal and register your information
- Ensure all required documentation are complete
- After completing the above process, you can now apply for the package you want
- Enter your NYSC Call-up Number
- Enter your password then sign in
- Create account via https://portal.empowerthecorps.ng/Account/Register
- Click on register to create your account.
How To Repay The Loan
Since it is a loan and not a gift, you will certainly have to repay the loan and this process is really easy. We are going to show you ways through which you can repay the loan and they are:
- Banks’ ATM via PayDirect (search for it on the ATM)
- Credit Direct Limited offices’ POS
- Quick teller
From all we have said so far, you must have gotten a lot of information on how you can access the ETC quick cash loan and we are glad as this is what we do best, to give you firsthand information on getting finance to help boost and grow your business.
So as a Youth Corp Member that wants to start up a business while serving, this is your chance to get capital to add to your startup capital and startup your business.