The University of Portsmouth, formerly known as Portsmouth Polytechnic, is one of the most popular public universities in the city of Portsmouth. The University of Portsmouth has its campus situated in an urban area — Portsmouth, Hampshire, England, UK. Since established in 1870, the University of Portsmouth has drawn over £273.6 million in budget.
The University of Portsmouth has academic affiliations with several bodies like the University Alliance, The Channel Islands, the Universities Consortium, and Universities UK.
The University of Portsmouth has received many applications from students all over the world and has enrolled students from different countries, economic backgrounds, and ethnicity. Every year, the University of Portsmouth enrolls about 21,090 undergraduates and 4,425 postgraduates plus about 125 students in other programs of study. The University also has about 3,500 academic staff.
The University of Portsmouth 2022/2023 Vice Chancellor’s Global Development Scholarship was established to aid international students to study for either their undergraduate or postgraduate degrees. The 2022/2023 Vice Chancellor’s Global Development Scholarship are generally open to exceptionally good students who want to put their energy into pursuing their career ambitions.
Keep reading to know about what you need to apply for the scholarship, its acceptance rate, eligibility, selection criteria, and more.
The University of Portsmouth 2022/2023 Vice Chancellor’s Global Development Scholarship is a partial scholarship. Applicants who qualify for the scholarship will be awarded a reduction in fee that will apply to the first year of study.
The scholarship award will aid elevate the payment load of the first-year tuition fee for international students seeking admission to both undergraduate and postgraduate programs. After the first year, students will begin to pay tuition fees in full and other outstanding fees.
The University of Portsmouth 2022/2023 Vice Chancellor’s Global Development Scholarship is only open to applicants from select countries on different continents. If your country is listed here, that means you qualify to be considered for the Vice Chancellor’s Global Development Scholarship.
- Cote d’Ivoire
- Dominican Republic
- DR of the Congo
- The Gambia
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- The Syrian Arab Republic
To be eligible for The University of Portsmouth 2022/2023 Vice Chancellor’s Global Development Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be classed in one of the listed eligible countries.
- International students who have applied to study at the University for a place on an eligible course with the University of Portsmouth will be considered for a scholarship application.
- Students who apply before the deadline.
- Students who have all the required documents and passed the required tests.
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate program.
- Be a self-funded student and full-time.
The University of Portsmouth accepts diverse students and does not relegate them to a type of applicant. The Selection process is made without regard to sexual orientation, gender, ethnic origin, marital status, gender identity, race, social background, caste, color, disability, or religion.
Not everyone qualifies for the University of Portsmouth 2022/2023 Vice Chancellor’s Global Development Scholarship. People who fall under this category will be exempted from the scholarship.
- Postgraduate applicants who do not have an undergraduate degree or equivalent will not be able to complete their undergraduate program before the deadline.
- Postgraduate students who have graduated with GPAs do not reach the required GPA for the chosen course of study.
- People who are seeking funds to study at a different university rather than the University of Portsmouth.
- Applicants who have performed poorly on their English Language Test.
- International students who are not classed under eligible countries.
- Applicants who apply for the scholarship after the deadline.
- Students who want to use the University of Portsmouth 2022/2023 Vice Chancellor’s Global Development Scholarship apply at another university.
- Applicants who are seeking admission for a program of study that is not among the eligible programs for the scholarship.
- Applicants who are not self-funding and an going to be full-time students.
- Alumni will not be considered for this scholarship but will be considered for the Alumni discount.
The University of Portsmouth 2022/2023 Vice Chancellor’s Global Development Scholarship is made available at all degree levels. This means whether international students apply for an undergraduate or a postgraduate program type, they all will be considered for a scholarship fund.
The University of Portsmouth 2022/2023 Vice Chancellor’s Global Development Scholarship is available for all the undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered at the University.
The University of Portsmouth 2022/2023 Vice Chancellor’s Global Development Scholarship offers a £1,600 fee reduction that will only apply to the first year of study.
Students who have been awarded the Vice Chancellor’s Global Development Scholarship can apply for other financial aid at the university when the scholarship tenure is expired. The University of Portsmouth also offers other external scholarships that can be used for funding at a different university.
How to Apply for The University of Portsmouth 2022/2023 Vice Chancellor’s Global Development Scholarship
International applicants who pass the eligibility criteria will automatically be considered for the 2022/2023 Vice Chancellor’s Global Development Scholarship.
When applying for admission at the University of Portsmouth, students are also required to submit supporting documents like original academic records from past schools, a resume/CV, and a personal statement that may address:
- Why do you choose to study the course of your choice.
- The interests you have and how it relates to your chosen course of study.
- Why the University of Portsmouth is the place you have chosen to study that course.
- Why you should be considered for the Vice Chancellor’s Global Development Scholarship.
- What your career goals are and your plans after graduation?
- And more
Applicants must also meet entry education requirements for the program they are applying to. Other things to consider include references, interviews, and offers.
– Level 6.0 (with the least subtest score of 5.5) may be required from international students.
All applications will be reviewed to check if applicants fulfill the eligibility criteria using the university’s procedures. Successful applicants will be informed about the scholarship plan.
The 2022/2023 Vice Chancellor’s Global Development Scholarship will be awarded to applicants that will be starting their postgraduate studies in the 2022/2023 session after admission in the September 2022 and January 2023 entry.
At the University of Portsmouth, tuition fees vary by course of study. The tuition fees for full-time undergraduate international students are usually about £9,250 and above per year. On the other hand, tuition fees for part-time undergraduate International students are based on the course of study. It is ideal to check out the tuition fee for part-time courses on the course page.
The tuition fee for a postgraduate degree program for an international student at the University of Portsmouth will range from £15,588 to £17,700 per year. The program of study greatly affects your tuition fees.
The University of Portsmouth 2022/2023 Vice Chancellor’s Global Development Scholarship is a partial scholarship. This means that at some point, some students will have to pay off outstanding fees by themselves.
Outstanding school fees like course fees and living expenses, which includes food, accommodation, heating, books and stationery, and travel will have to be paid by the students.
Tuition fees are a yearly payment which is acceptable in pound sterlings and other currencies. Students are urged to pay 50% of the tuition fees during enrollment and can continue paying in installments (up to three times). The University of Portsmouth offers an array of ways students can pay for tuition including Online card payment, Payment by bank transfer, and Payment in cash.
The University of Portsmouth offers other financial aid which may be external and require an additional application or internal and offer automatic consideration for students who meet the set criteria. They offer a range of scholarships, bursaries, and funding for undergraduates and postgraduates.
Some of the financial aid include:
- Chancellor’s Global Academic Merit Scholarship
- School of the Environment, Geography, and Geosciences (SEGG) Scholarship
- SQA Advanced Diploma Scholarship
- Sanctuary Scholarship
- Transition Scholarship for EU students
- And many external scholarships
The University of Portsmouth 2022/2023 Vice Chancellor’s Global Development Scholarship is an opportunity for students seeking financial aid to pursue a degree program at the university. Studying at the University of Portsmouth is something to celebrate. The university stands as one of the notable universities with a 21% acceptance rate and a B score for Bachelors and a B score for Masters in graduation ratings.