If you are wondering about the banks in Nigeria that processes western union transfers and how you can send and receive money through western union, then you shouldn’t look too far as we have you covered.
We are going to be listing out all the banks in Nigeria that processes western union.
Western Union is an easy way of sending money to every part of the world and it has been there for over 40 years. A lot of Nigerians use Western Union to receive money and also send money as it is easy and reliable.
READ ALSO: Types Of Banks Present In Nigeria
What Are The Requirements For Sending And Receiving Money Through Western Union?
How To Send Money Through Western Union
To send money through Western Union, here are the requirements:
- Sender’s name, Phone number and address
- Means of identification (national ID card, drivers’ license, voters’ card)
- The receiver’s name and country
- Amount in Naira
- Test question and answer
- Maximum amount you can send is 1,000 USD Naira equivalents per customer per quarter.
- Verified BVN
- Depending on the bank, you may be required to have an account with them
If you have any of the four means of identification, you will be able to send or receive money from Western Union in the banks that process western union.
You will be charged a transaction fee for the money you want to send.
After you must have presented the valid identification and paid the fee, the next will be the MTCN.
You will need a MTCN which is the Money Transfer Control Number. This number is used to clear the money. This MTCN is what the receiver of the money you are sending will be asked to claim the money.
So after you the sender must have collected the MTCN, you will have to send it to the person that will be receiving the funds.
How To Receive Money From Western Union
The requirements to receive money from western union:
- The Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN)
- The Expected amount
- The receiver’s name, address and phone number
- Valid means of identification
- Sender’s name and country
- Test question and answer which is the secret question.
If you meet all the requirements, you will be asked to present a valid means of identification and also pay a fee for the money you want to receive.
After this, you will be asked about the MTCN and also the secret question before you can claim the money.
The money can either be paid in Naira, Dollar or transferred to your bank account if it is your bank you went to collect the money.
The List Of Banks That Process Western Union Payments In Nigeria
The Western Union website www.westernunion.com has it that whenever you want to send or receive money, you should go to any of the banks we will be listing below.
- Zenith Bank (All branches)
- First Bank (All branches)
- Access Bank (All branches)
- Ecobank Nigeria PLC (All branches)
- United Bank of Africa (All branches)
- Wema Bank (All Branches)
- Fidelity Bank (All Branches)
- First City Monument Bank (All Branches)
Every U.S. dollar payments in Nigeria are available at no charge to the receiver although it is subject to availability of dollar.
If the available dollar is not enough, then the payment may be made in both US dollars and Nigerian Naira using the Western Exchange Rate at the time of payment.